Through our work the PAs are often asked or encounter the following issues;
- How do I keep myself safe from sexually transmitted infection and harm?
- What to do if we get pregnant or I want to terminate the pregnancy?
- What is a pre-birth assessment and what does this mean to me?
- What if people around me are judgemental about a care leave becoming a parent?
- I don’t know how to care for a baby
- I want to get pregnant so I have someone to love!
- My baby/child is being removed
- I don’t want to ask for help as it might reflect badly on me as a Mum or Dad
Taking all those points into consideration and to strengthen our support services we have developed the following 4 pathways:
- Sexual health and safe relationships – this includes advice around sexually transmitted infection, advice on breast and testicle checks and what a safe relationship is
- Wanting to become pregnant and associated issues – this includes financial advice, information around accommodation and benefit advice
- Pregnancy and early parenting – this includes advice around what to do if you think you are pregnant, options available to you if you are pregnant and planning for early parenting
- Loss of their baby – this includes advice and guidance in terms of where to get support if your baby sadly passes away or if your baby needs to be in the care of the local authority.
For more information please contact your Personal Advisor or the Personal Advisor team on email@example.com