The WeMindTheGap team are excited to announce that our next WeDiscover programme will be rolled out across North Wales!
WeMindTheGap – winners of a High Sheriff Award for ‘Outstanding Community Engagement’ in Cheshire – developed WeDiscover, a virtual programme that will support young people across North Wales to discover more about themselves and the world beyond their front door.
Who can take part? Any young person aged 16 – 25 in North Wales that would benefit from interactive group sessions as well as 1-2-1 mentoring support.
Where is it run? – This programme is delivered over Zoom, with opportunities for in-person days in the final weeks.
There are two Taster Weeks on 19th – 22nd September and 26th – 29th September for young people and anyone supporting them to come along and try out a session. See the timetable below.
The programme will run Mondays to Thursdays from 3rd October to 15th December and will include:
- Interactive group sessions – Covering relevant themes of employability skills, personal growth, creativity, global culture and plenty of fun
- Discovery boxes – Each young person joining the programme will receive a Discovery Box this is filled with exciting resources to use throughout the programme, including envelopes to open in specific surprise sessions.
- Guest speakers – We’ll be joined by incredible guest speakers, teaching us new skills and sharing their stories.
- Discovery Village – All young people will receive access to Discovery Village, our online community with the opportunity to discover each zone, and keep an eye out for a few hidden gems.
- Rewards! – Every young person can access rewards through their level of engagement – by attending 8 sessions in one week, they’ll receive £10 to add to their prize pot that they can have straight away or save to spend on something bigger at the end of the programme.
‘If I had to describe WeDiscover, it would be ‘helpful’, ‘inspirational’, and a ‘good laugh’. I’ve found the opportunity to get into a routine, and meeting with my mentor has really helped my anxiety.’
Watch our WeDiscover video to hear what other young people have to say about the programme.